January 24, 2012
Catawba's Athletic Training Hall of Fame to Induct Second Class on Feb. 18
Four members will be inducted into the Catawba College Athletic Training Hall of Fame on Feb. 18. The induction of the Class of 2012 will take place between noon and 2 p.m. in Peeler Crystal Lounge of the Robertson College-Community Center on campus. The inductees are (with graduation year): Jim Bradley '86 of Mebane; John Lukowski '92 of Irmo, S.C. ; Angela Shirk Sneed '93 of Mooresville; and Jeff Tucker '90 of Jensen Beach, Fla.
This year's inductees join the 2011 inaugural class of inductees who included Gary Blabon '91 of Salisbury; Dr. Dan Burks '93 of Salisbury; Chris Felix '92 of Audubon, N.J. ; Dr. Jolene Miller Henning '96 of Greensboro; Scott McCall '93 of Charlotte; and Holly Stump '98 of Durham.
The induction ceremony is being sponsored by the Catawba College Athletics Department and the Catawba College Athletic Training Program. Make reservations to attend by Feb. 10 or for more information about the event, contact Catawba's Head Athletic Trainer Robert Casmus at email@example.com and (704) 637-4350.
Following are the achievements of the 2012 inductees:
Jim Bradley '86
- Was the very first Catawba College Athletic Training Student, 1981-1986.
- Awarded Mr. Catawba in 1984.
- Completed Masters of Arts at Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN, 1988.
- Served as a graduate assistant athletic trainer at Tennessee Technological University.
- Teacher and Head Athletic Trainer at South Mecklenburg High School, Charlotte, NC from 1988-2001.
- Completed Emergency Medical Technician Certification from Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC in 1992 and served as volunteer fire fighter for the Pineville Fire Department.
- Completed National Certification as a Clinical Researcher from Durham Technical Community College, Durham, NC in 2002.
- Clinical Research Specialist for Pediatric Hematology & Oncology at UNC-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 2002-present.
John Lukowski '92
- An outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College, 1988-1992.
- Inducted into the Catawba College Order of the Blue and White in 1991.
- Completed Masters of Education at the University of Virginia,, Charlottesville, VA, 1993.
- Athletic Trainer at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, Seaford, DE from 1993-1994.
- Athletic Trainer & Coordinator of Sports Medicine at The Regional Medical Center of Orangeburg, SC, 1994-2001.
- Completed Masters Degree in Physical Therapy (2001) & Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy (2008) at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC.
- Director of Rehabilitation Services for The Regional Medical Center, Orangeburg, SC, 2004-2009.
- Currently, Physical Therapist for Tri-County Home Health, Columbia, SC.
Angela Shirk Sneed '93
- An outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College from 1989-1993.
- Certified Athletic Trainer and Marketing Representative for HealthSouth, Charlotte, NC, 1999-2003.
- Chaired the Medical & Safety Committee and provided coverage to the Charlotte Rugby Club, Diamond's Softball Team, Carolina Cobras, local high schools and eight motorsports teams.
- Marketing Manager for Carolinas Healthcare System, Charlotte, NC, 2003-2004.
- Responsible for marketing and sales strategies, referral development, contract negotiations, budgeting, event management and improving customer services related to healthcare.
- Event Coordinator and Athletic Trainer for PIT Instruction & Training, Mooresville, NC, 2007-2009.
- Provided injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for six motorsports teams.
- Owner and Certified Athletic Trainer of Advanced Athletic Training Solutions, Mooresville, NC, 2009 – present. Contracted to provide sports medicine treatment and care to the pit crews for Roush Fenway Racing, Petty Motorsports, and Ganassi Racing.
Jeff Tucker '90
- An outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College from 1986-1990.
- Earned a Master of Arts Degree in Physical Therapy from Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA in 1993.
- Physical Therapist and Athletic Trainer at North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Winston-Salem, NC, 1993 – 1995.
- Director of Rehabilitation Services and Sports Medicine at St. Lucie Medical Center & Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Port St. Lucie, FL, 1995-2000.
- Developed first community-wide Sports Medicine Program that provided seven athletic trainers for the seven community high schools in Port St. Lucie, FL.
- Named Clinical Instructor of the Year at North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1995.
- Named JCAHO "Best Leader" and "Best Plan of Care" in 1998 during the St. Lucie Medical Center hospital-wide joint commission accreditation.
- Currently, Owner/CEO and Physical Therapist for Premier Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, Port St. Lucie, FL.
Baseball vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 2-3
Softball vs LEES-McRAE 1-4
Baseball vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 6-5
Softball vs LEES-McRAE 4-1
Baseball vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 0-5
Lacrosse (M) vs. FLORIDA TECH 15-7
Softball @ Limestone 8-1
Softball @ Limestone 1-2
Golf (W) @ Low Country Inv - Day 1 (Crescent Pointe GC)
Golf (M) in RICHARD RENDLEMAN INV - Day 1 (CC of Salisbury)
Lacrosse (W) vs. FELICIAN 24-1
Golf (W) @ Low Country Inv - Day 2 (Crescent Pointe GC) 8th of 11
Golf (M) in RICHARD RENDLEMAN INV - Day 2 (CC of Salisbury) 2nd of 17
Baseball @ Tampa 5-9
Softball vs. KING 3-17
Softball vs. KING 2-0
Lacrosse (W) vs. CHESTNUT HILL 16-15
Baseball @ Tampa 8-12
Baseball @ Carson-Newman 5-6
Softball @ Emmanuel 2-3
Softball @ Emmanuel 2-4
Baseball @ Carson-Newman 9-3
Baseball @ Carson-Newman 5-2
Tennis (M) @ Lincoln Memorial 1-8
Tennis (W) @ Lincoln Memorial 2-7
Lacrosse (M) vs. NEWBERRY 13-9
Softball @ Southern Wesleyan 11-0
Lacrosse (W) vs. NEWBERRY 25-8
Golf (M) @ Hargett Inv - Day 1 (Monroe CC)
Golf (M) @ Hargett Inv - Day 2 (Monroe CC) 5th of 12
Baseball vs. ST. THOMAS AQUINAS 6-8
Baseball vs. INDIANA,PA 16-6
Swimming @ NCAA II Championships (Day 2 - Prelims)
Softball vs NORTH GEORGIA 0-7
Tennis (W) vs. WINGATE 0-9
Tennis (M) vs. WINGATE 1-8
Lacrosse (W) vs. INDIANA,PA 7-25
Softball vs NORTH GEORGIA 3-7
Lacrosse (M) @ Coker 14-8
Swimming @ NCAA II Championships (Day 2 - Finals)
Track/Field @ UNCC 49er Classic (Day 1)
Swimming @ NCAA II Championships (Day 3 - Prelims) 10 a.m.
Swimming @ NCAA II Championships (Day 3 - Finals) 6 p.m.
Baseball vs. TUSCULUM 1-10
Track/Field @ UNC Pembroke Braves Classic
Track/Field @ UNCC 49er Classic (Day 2)
Baseball vs. TUSCULUM 1 p.m.
Baseball vs. TUSCULUM 4 p.m.
Tennis (W) @ Tusculum 1 p.m.
Softball @ Lincoln Memorial 1 p.m.
Tennis (M) @ Tusculum 1 p.m.
Softball @ Lincoln Memorial 3 p.m.
Golf (M) @ NGU Inv - Day 1 (Columbia CC)
Golf (W) @ Wingate Inv - Day 1 (Rolling Hills CC)
Golf (M) @ NGU Inv - Day 2 (Columbia CC)
Golf (W) @ Wingate Inv - Day 2 (Rolling Hills CC)
Tennis (M) vs. NEWBERRY 2 p.m.
Tennis (W) vs. NEWBERRY 2 p.m.
Softball vs LENOIR-RHYNE 2 p.m.
Lacrosse (W) @ Wingate 4 p.m.
Softball vs LENOIR-RHYNE 4 p.m.
Lacrosse (M) @ Wingate 7 p.m.
Track/Field @ adidas Winthrop Invitational (Day 1)
Baseball @ Mars Hill 3 p.m.
Track/Field @ adidas Winthrop Invitational (Day 2)
Lacrosse (W) @ Lincoln Memorial noon
Baseball @ Mars Hill noon
Softball vs MARS HILL 1 p.m.
Tennis (W) vs. ANDERSON 1 p.m.
Tennis (M) vs. ANDERSON 1 p.m.
Lacrosse (M) @ Lincoln Memorial 3 p.m.
Baseball @ Mars Hill 3 p.m.
Softball vs MARS HILL 3 p.m.
Baseball @ Barton 2 p.m.
Softball vs QUEENS 2 p.m.
Tennis (W) @ Queens 2 p.m.
Tennis (M) @ Queens 2 p.m.
Softball vs QUEENS 4 p.m.
Golf (W) @ Sunoco Campbell Oil Inv - Day 1 (River Landing GC)
Lacrosse (W) @ Coker 4 p.m.
Golf (W) @ Sunoco Campbell Oil Inv - Day 2 (River Landing GC)
Tennis (M) @ Carson Newman 1:30 p.m.
Tennis (W) @ Carson Newman 1:30 p.m.
Track/Field @ Montreat Invitational (Day 1)
Softball @ Tusculum 1 p.m.
Baseball @ Anderson 2 p.m.
Softball @ Tusculum 3 p.m.
Baseball @ Anderson 5 p.m.
Track/Field @ Montreat Invitational (Day 2)
Lacrosse (W) vs. MARS HILL noon
Baseball @ Anderson 1 p.m.
Lacrosse (M) vs. MARS HILL 3 p.m.