March 15, 2012
Women's Tennis Falls to Braves
PEMBROKE, NC -- The Catawba Lady Indians dropped a non-conference match to UNC Pembroke on Wednesday afternoon at the UNCP Varsity Tennis Courts. The Lady Indians fall to 7-9 while the Braves improve to 8-7.
Catawba trailed 2-1 after doubles competition. Ally Prior (Raleigh, NC/Wakefield HS) and Steffi Cook (Alpharetta, GA/Milton HS) picked up the Indians’ lone win at #2 doubles over the Braves’ Leigh-Anne McAfee and Hannah Herlocker.
Pembroke was able to sweep all of the singles matches from the Lady Indians. Cook won the first set of her match in a tiebreaker at #4, but was unable to pull out the win, dropping the next set and the match tie-breaker 10-7.
Catawba takes the court on Friday away at Belmont Abbey College. First serve is slated for a 3:00 p.m. start.
1. Mia Winterbottom (UNCP) def. Sloan Kessler (CATAWBA) 6-0, 6-3
2. Leigh-Anne McAfee (UNCP) def. Ally Prior (CATAWBA) 6-1, 6-2
3. Hannah Herlocker (UNCP) def. Maggie McKee (CATAWBA) 6-1, 6-3
4. Shelby Bickel (UNCP) def. Steffi Cook (CATAWBA) 6-7, 6-4, 10-7
5. Monica Espitia (UNCP) def. Candace Hall (CATAWBA) 6-2, 6-0
6. Allison Johnson (UNCP) def. Hannah Kovach (CATAWBA) 6-0, 7-5
1. Mia Winterbottom/Shelby Bickel (UNCP) def. Maggie McKee/Sloan Kessler (CATAWBA) 9-7
2. Ally Prior/Steffi Cook (CATAWBA) def. Leigh-Anne McAfee/Hannah Herlocker (UNCP) 8-5
3. Madeline DiNunzio/Beverly Vause (UNCP) def. Candace Hall/Olivia Myers (CATAWBA) 8-6
|No events are scheduled today|
Swimming @ Yellow Jacket Invite (Day 1)
Swimming @ Yellow Jacket Invite (Day 2) W-2nd;M-4th
Track/Field @ JDL College Kickoff Classic
Basketball (W) @ Lincoln Memorial 43-60
Basketball (M) @ Lincoln Memorial 58-103
Basketball (W) vs. TUSCULUM 70-58
Basketball (M) vs. TUSCULUM 73-87
Basketball (W) vs. JC SMITH 51-52
Basketball (M) vs. ST. AUGUSTINE'S 76-73
Basketball (W) vs. ANDERSON 2 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. ANDERSON 4 p.m.
Swimming vs. QUEENS noon
Basketball (M) vs. WINGATE 11 a.m.
Basketball (W) vs. WINGATE 2 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Virginia Union 2 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.