March 9, 2015
Lady Indians Record 7-2 Victory Over Northwestern
Tampa, Fla. -- The Catawba College women's tennis team claimed a 7-2 victory over the University of Northwestern (Mich.) Monday afternoon. The match marks the first on the Lady Indians during a spring break trip too Tampa, Florida. With the win Catawba improves to 5-5 on the season.
In doubles action Northwestern claimed an early lead with a tight 9-8 win at #1 doubles. Catawba bounced back with wins at #2 and #3 duos.
Catawba fell one match shy of sweeping singles play. Kristen Rocko opened the #2 singles with a 6-4 win but suffered two tight 7-6 losses to fall to Northwestern's Karen Moe. Catawba's Lauren Sledd claimed a pair of 6-0 wins at the #5 flight.
The Lady Indians will return to action on Tuesday with a match against Charleston (WV) at 9:00 a.m.
Tennis Match Results
Northwestern (MI) vs Catawba
Mar 09, 2015 at Tampa, Fla
Catawba 7, Northwestern (MI) 2
1. Liz Renteria (CATW) def. Megan Johnson (UNW) 7-5, 6-2
2. Karen Moe (UNW) def. Kristen Rocko (CATW) 4-6, 7-6, 7-6
3. Maddy Henderson (CATW) def. Birdie Bardwell (UNW) 6-1, 6-4
4. Sloan Kessler (CATW) def. Rachel Bostrom (UNW) 6-2, 6-1
5. Lauren Sledd (CATW) def. Brooke Lapinski (UNW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Rachel Rudisill (CATW) def. Tina Matetich (UNW) 6-4, 7-6
1. Megan Johnson/Karen Moe (UNW) def. Liz Renteria/Kristen Rocko (CATW) 9-8
2. Maddy Henderson/Lauren Sledd (CATW) def. Birdie Bardwell/Rachel Bostrom (UNW) 8-2
3. Sloan Kessler/Rachel Rudisill (CATW) def. Brooke Lapinski/Tina Matetich (UNW) 8-3
|No events are scheduled today|