March 11, 2015
Lady Indians Even Record with 7-2 Win Over West Chester
TAMPA, FLA. -- The Catawba College women’s tennis team claimed a 7-2 victory over West Chester University in the third match of a spring break trip on the campus of the University of South Florida. With the win the Catawba Indians improve to 6-6 on the season while West Chester falls to 3-4 on the season.
Catawba fell early at #1 doubles despite falling in a close 9-8 match. Catawba went on to claim wins at #2 and #3 doubles.
In singles play West Chester’s Claire Uhle claimed a win at the #1 flight by scores of 6-3 and 6-4. Catawba freshman, Kristen Rocko, battled back at #2 singles to win 10-7 in a third set tiebreaker. The Lady Indians continued to sweep the remaining matches to secure the win for Catawba.
Catawba will play their final match of the week on Thursday as the Indians take on Daemen (NY). The match is scheduled for 9:00 am. Daemen previously suffered an 8-1 loss to West Chester on Monday.
Tennis Match Results
West Chester University vs Catawba
Mar 11, 2015 at Tampa, Fla.
Catawba 7, West Chester University 2
1. Claire Uhle (WCU) def. Liz Renteria (CATW) 6-3, 6-4
2. Kristen Rocko (CATW) def. Maddy Shaak (WCU) 2-6, 6-4, 10-7
3. Maddy Henderson (CATW) def. Abriana Nolan (WCU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Sloan Kessler (CATW) def. Nicole Fahringer (WCU) 6-0, 6-3
5. Lauren Sledd (CATW) def. Cassidy Branigan (WCU) 6-1, 6-1
6. Rachel Rudisill (CATW) def. Alyssa Rees (WCU) 6-0, 6-0
1. Claire Uhle/Maddy Shaak (WCU) def. Liz Renteria/Kristen Rocko (CATW) 9-8
2. Maddy Henderson/Lauren Sledd (CATW) def. Abriana Nolan/Nicole Fahringer (WCU) 8-2
3. Sloan Kessler/Rachel Rudisill (CATW) def. Alyssa Rees/Stephanie Cifarelli (WCU) 8-6
West Chester University 3-4
|No events scheduled until August 24|