February 11, 2016
Falcons Overpower Catawba 7-2
SALISBURY, N.C. -- The Catawba College women's tennis team fell to Pfeiffer University in non-conference action Thursday afternoon at Catawba's Johnson Tennis Center. The Catawba Lady Indians drop to 7-2 on the year while Pfeiffer remains undefeated at 3-0.
The Falcons took an early lead with a clean sweep of doubles action. Catawba's Liz Renteria and Erisa Onchi paired up at the #1 position to for a score of 9-7.
In singles play, Catawba force two third set matches which the teams split. Kristen Rocko grabbed the point for Catawba at the #4 spot with scores of 5-7, 6-3, and 11-9. Pfeiffer's Mara Hofstetter defeated Lauren Sledd at the fifth seed by the score of 6-0, 2-6, 10-8. Onchi grabbed the last point for Catawba the #2 flight with a commanding 6-3, 6-1 victory.
Catawba will look to host Barton on Tuesday. The match is set to begin at 2:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Pfeiffer vs Catawba College
Feb 11, 2016 at Salisbury,NC
Pfeiffer 7, Catawba College 2
1. Olivia Nelms (PFE) def. Liz Renteria (CATW) 6-1, 6-0
2. Erisa Onchi (CATW) def. Valeria Mendoza (PFE) 6-3, 6-1
3. Hannah Watson (PFE) def. Maddie Henderson (CATW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Kristen Rocko (CATW) def. Mylene Petitpas (PFE) 5-7, 6-3, 11-9
5. Mara Hofstetter (PFE) def. Lauren Sledd (CATW) 6-0, 2-6, 10-8
6. Ashleigh Brimo (PFE) def. Rachel Rudisill (CATW) 6-1, 6-3
1. Valeria Mendoza/Hannah Watson (PFE) def. Liz Renteria/Erisa Onchi (CATW) 9-7
2. Olivia Nelms/Mara Hofstetter (PFE) def. Kristen Rocko/Lauren Sledd (CATW) 8-5
3. Mylene Petitpas/Ashleigh Brimo (PFE) def. Maddie Henderson/Rachel Rudisill (CATW) 8-2
Catawba College 7-2
|No events scheduled until August 24|
Volleyball vs. UNC Pembroke 11 a.m.
Volleyball @ Francis Marion 3 p.m.
Volleyball vs. Converse 11 a.m.
Volleyball vs. Emmanuel 5 p.m.
Soccer (W) vs. SAINT ANSELM 5 p.m.
Soccer (M) vs. BARTON 7:30 p.m.
Volleyball vs. West Texas A&M 11 a.m.
Volleyball @ Tampa 7 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.