November 16, 2018
Swimming Opens Fall Frenzy on Friday
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Catawba swim teams each stand ninth after day one of the Fall Frenzy which opened on Friday at the Mecklenburg Aquatic Center. There are 14 women’s teams at the meet with a dozen in the men’s field.
Joao Miranda had the best individual finish for Catawba as he qualified for the B final in the 500 free and placed 12th in a time of 4:43.20. . Alan Hudgens (4:41.98) won the C final in the 500 free with Michael King (4:46.54) two spots behind in 19th. Federico Borrego Higareda was 23rd in the C final of the 200 IM (2:00.41) and Gatlin Saylors (21.65) was 18th in the C final of the 50 free.
For the women, Carolin Bek earned a C final swim in the 500 free and was 24th in a time of 5:16.13. Carolin Albers swam in the C final of the 50 free (25.53) and placed 24th.
On Saturday, preliminaries begin at 10 a.m. with finals slated for 6 p.m. On Sunday, the Fall Frenzy concludes with preliminaries at 10 a.m. and finals at 5 p.m.
200 free relay
15. 1:40.71 (Carolin Albers, Amalia Fontes, Claire Featherstone, Carolin Bek)
24. 1:45.18 (Oryan Malul, Natalie Standard, Regan Nolan, Emily Najar)
12. 1:27.78 (Kyle Holmes, Federico Higareda, Lucas Rhodes, Gatlin Saylors)
24. 1:33.00 (Alan Hudgens, Clay Bennett, Lukas Helbing, Michael King)
15. Joao Miranda, 4:43.20
17. Alan Hudgens, 4:41.98
19. Michael King, 4:46.54
13. Joao Miranda, 4:43.03
17. Alan Hudgens, 4:45.23
21. Michael King, 4:51.23
36. Lucas Rhodes, 5:01.52
43. Clay Bennett, 5:14.33
23. Federico Higareda, 2:00.41
23. Federico Higareda, 1:59.70
33. Kyle Holmes, 2:04.42
34. Lukas Helbing, 2:06.36
400 medley relay
18. 4:06.84 (Claire Featherstone, Kristina Rogge, Natalie Standard, Carolin Albers)
29. 4:18.24 (Taylor Fair, Chloe Taylor, Emily Najar, Oryan Malul)
20. 3:38.00 (Gatlin Saylors, Federico Higareda, Matt Arnold, Joao Miranda)
|No events scheduled until September 5|