January 26, 2020
Bemis and Swepson Each Set Two Records at Liberty Kickoff Indoor Track & Field Meet
LYNCHBUBRG, Va. -- Catawba set six records over the weekend at the Liberty Kickoff Indoor Track and Field Meet held at the Matthes-Hopkins Track Complex.
· Candace Swepson set records in the women’s weight throw (14.50m) and the shot put (11.68m).
· Jesse Schronce set a men’s high jump mark at 1.90m.
· Ethan Bemis set a men’s mile record of 4:16.67 and the 800m at 1:55.87.
· The women’s 4x400 relay team of Smantha Payne, Gianna Gutierrez-Principe, Trinity Gatewood, and Skylar Payne set a new mark of 4:10.49.
· Erick Ramirez-Ramos was ninth in the men’s 5000m
· Ethan Bemis was second in the men’s mile and fourth in the 800m.
· Tom Joyce was sixth in the men’s 800m.
· The women’s 4x800 relay (Christina D’Amelio, Patience Hunt, Madison Lowery, Makayla Ward) was sixth.
· Mia Mercer was 10th in the women’s 1000m.
Catawba will return to action in two weeks at the Camel City Invite at the JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem, N.C., on Feb. 7-8.
Day 1 Men’s Heptathlon
12. Nolan Chilton, 2181 pts PB
Event 1: 60m - 7.55 PB (13)
Event 2: Long Jump - 5.68m (12)
Event 3: Shot Put - 9.33m (10)
Event 4: High Jump - 1.67m PB (10)
11. Jesse Schronce, 1.90m SR
20. MeKayla White, 5.27m
NM, MeKayla White
14. Jesse Schronce, 8.77m PB
32. Trinity Gatewood, 9.80
2. Ethan Bemis, 4:16.67 SR
36. Michael Swepson, 4:48.09
12. Makayla Ward, 2:26.82 PB
10. Mia Mercer, 3:50.07
53. Samantha Payne, 26.97
18. Madison Lowery, 10:53.53
25. Christina D’Amelio, 11:15.78 PB
|No events scheduled until September 3|