February 8, 2020
Track & Field Notches 16 Personal Bests at Camel City Inv.
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Catawba had several top 10 finishes and had 16 personal best performances at the Camel City Invitational Indoor Track and Field Meet. The meet was held on Friday and Saturday at the JDL Fast Track.
· Tatyana Long had a PB in the weight throw
· MeKayla White was fifth in long jump and just ¼ meter off her school record
· Madison Lowery and Christina D’Amelio had PBs in the Mile
· Samantha Payne and Akeena Maxwell had PBs in the 200 meters
· Miracle Etim-Andy had a PB in the shot put
· Gianna Gutirrez-Principe and Siearra Emmerson had PBs in the 400m
· Samantha Payne was ninth in the 400m
· Jesse Schronce had a PB in the long jump
· Braxton Ford had a PB in the 800 meters
· Brien Pittman (ninth) and Jaylen Hall had PBs in the 200 meters
· Austin Snide had a PB in the 3000 meters
· Thomas McClinton had a PB in the shot put
· Marquis Graham had a PB in the triple jump
· Marcus McMurray had a PB in the 60m
Catawba will participate in the Queens Multi Meet on Monday and Tuesday and the JDL Fast Track. The full squad will return to action on Feb. 22 at the USC Indoor Open in Columbia, S.C.
Jesse Schronce, NH
20. Kyle Rhodes, 15:48.13 SB
25. Ethan Bemis, 4:27.21
49. Michael Swepson, 4:43.70 SB
34. Thomas McClinton, 9.59m PB
|No events scheduled until September 3|