Compliance Info: ATHLETIC BOOSTERS
Catawba College Athletics and your role as an avid supporter of athletics explained...
First, you need to know that you are most likely characterized by the NCAA as a "Representative of athletic interest." As such, there are some key things that you need to know about your valued role as a booster and/or Catawba College Chiefs Club Member.
What is a Representative of Athletics Interests?
Quite simple really ... an individual who is known by a member of the institution's executive or athletics administration to:
- Have participated in or to be a member of an agency or organization, including corporate entities, promoting the institution's intercollegiate athletics program;
- Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics booster organization of that institution;
- Be assisting or to have been requested (by athletics department staff) to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
- Be assisting or to have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families; or
- Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program.
Recruiting by a Representative of Athletics Interests, what you can and cannot do explained...
- You are prohibited from making in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospective student-athlete or their relatives or legal guardians
- You are prohibited from making telephone calls to prospective student-athletes or their relatives or legal guardians
- On campus contact at Catawba College is permitted
- Written communication is permitted
- Recruiting contact during a prospective student-athlete's official visit is confined to Catawba College's campus
Download the View Booster Pocket Guide (PDF) for more details and helpful information.
|Golf (M) @ Donald Ross Intercollegiate - Day 1 (Mimosa Hills CC),|
|Golf (W) @ Lee Ann Noble Memorial - Day 1 (Achasta GC),|
Volleyball vs. WINSTON-SALEM ST. 7 p.m.
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 1)
Soccer (W) @ SAC Tournament (Semifinals)
Soccer (M) @ SAC Tournament (Semifinal)
Volleyball @ Queens 7 p.m.
Cross Country @ NCAA II Southeast Regional
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 2)
Football vs. NEWBERRY 1:30 p.m.
Volleyball @ Wingate 2 p.m.
Soccer (M) @ SAC Tournament (Championship)
Soccer (W) @ SAC Tournament (Championship)
Volleyball vs. COKER 6:30 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. Francis Marion 1 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. Mount Olive 2 p.m.
Volleyball @ Newberry 11 a.m.
Football vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 1:30 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. Barton 4:30 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ UNC Pembroke 7 p.m.
Volleyball in SAC Tournament (1st Round)
Basketball (W) @ Fayetteville St.
Volleyball @ SAC Tournament (Semifinal)
Basketball (M) @ Albany State 7 p.m.
Volleyball @ SAC Tournament (Championship)
Basketball (W) @ Bowie St. 1 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. Montevallo 3 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. CHOWAN
Basketball (M) @ Winston-Salem St.
Basketball (W) @ UNC Wilmington (Exhib.)
Basketball (W) @ Queens 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Queens 8 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.