Year Inducted: 2008
Category: Sports Information Director
- Sports Information Director at Catawba, 1944-1948
- Began his writing career with the Charlotte Observer in 1948 covering all sports and writing a twice-a-week column
- Moved to the State newspaper in Columbia, SC in 1963 and served as Executive Sports Editor until 1987 and was the lead sports columnist 1963 until retiring in 1989
- Only journalist to be named Sportswriter of The Year in both Carolinas evening the North Carolina honor twice and the South Carolina award five times
- Inducted into the North Carolina Boxing Hall of fame in 1988 and his interest in boxing led him to get to know and write about such greats as Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali
- Former President of the Atlantic Coast Writers Association and was a founder and director of the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame
- Considered the most highly read sports columnist in the Carolinas for four decades
|No events are scheduled today|
Basketball (W) @ Lenoir-Rhyne 76-70
Basketball (M) @ Lenoir-Rhyne 63-85
Swimming MEN vs. ASHLAND 84-117
Swimming WOMEN vs. ASHLAND 102-95
Swimming Women @ Limestone 103-142
Swimming Men @ Limestone 104-136
Basketball (W) @ Carson-Newman 60-88
Basketball (M) @ Carson-Newman 75-101
Basketball (W) vs. COKER 55-52
Basketball (M) vs. COKER 77-71
Swimming WOMEN vs. BARTON 141-90
Swimming MEN vs. BARTON 131-89
Basketball (W) vs. MARS HILL 80-56
Basketball (M) vs. MARS HILL 83-68
Basketball (W) vs. NEWBERRY 65-73
Basketball (M) vs. NEWBERRY 87-92
Track/Field @ Wake Forest Invitational (Day 1)
Swimming Men @ Lenoir-Rhyne 86-173
Swimming Women @ Lenoir-Rhyne 151-107
Basketball (W) vs. LINCOLN MEMORIAL 65-47
Basketball (M) vs. LINCOLN MEMORIAL 61-90
Track/Field @ Wake Forest Invitational (Day 2)
Basketball (W) vs. QUEENS 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. QUEENS 8 p.m.
Track/Field @ Finn Pincus Invitational (Day 1)
Track/Field @ Finn Pincus Invitational (Day 2)
Basketball (W) @ Tusuclum 2 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Tusculum 4 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Wingate 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Wingate 8 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.