Year Inducted: 2008
Category: Sports Information Director
- Sports Information Director at Catawba, 1944-1948
- Began his writing career with the Charlotte Observer in 1948 covering all sports and writing a twice-a-week column
- Moved to the State newspaper in Columbia, SC in 1963 and served as Executive Sports Editor until 1987 and was the lead sports columnist 1963 until retiring in 1989
- Only journalist to be named Sportswriter of The Year in both Carolinas evening the North Carolina honor twice and the South Carolina award five times
- Inducted into the North Carolina Boxing Hall of fame in 1988 and his interest in boxing led him to get to know and write about such greats as Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali
- Former President of the Atlantic Coast Writers Association and was a founder and director of the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame
- Considered the most highly read sports columnist in the Carolinas for four decades
Volleyball vs. WINSTON-SALEM ST. 7 p.m.
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 1)
Soccer (W) @ SAC Tournament (Semifinals)
Soccer (M) @ SAC Tournament (Semifinal)
Volleyball @ Queens 7 p.m.
Cross Country @ NCAA II Southeast Regional
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 2)
Football vs. NEWBERRY 1:30 p.m.
Volleyball @ Wingate 2 p.m.
Soccer (M) @ SAC Tournament (Championship)
Soccer (W) @ SAC Tournament (Championship)
Volleyball vs. COKER 6:30 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. Francis Marion 1 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. Mount Olive 2 p.m.
Volleyball @ Newberry 11 a.m.
Football vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 1:30 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. Barton 4:30 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ UNC Pembroke 7 p.m.
Volleyball in SAC Tournament (1st Round)
Basketball (W) @ Fayetteville St. 6 p.m.
Volleyball @ SAC Tournament (Semifinal)
Basketball (M) @ Albany State 7 p.m.
Volleyball @ SAC Tournament (Championship)
Basketball (W) @ Bowie St. 1 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. Montevallo 3 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. CHOWAN 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Winston-Salem St. 7 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ UNC Wilmington (Exhib.) 4 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Queens 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Queens 8 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.