John D. Coble
Year Inducted: 2012
- Member of the Mt. Airy Sports Hall of Fame, inducted 2004
- Two sport star in high school selected to the Shrine Bowl squad and All-State teams in football and basketball
- Single wing tailback at Catawba, excelling as a passer
- Key contributor in a 14-13 upset of VMI and was named Greensboro Daily News Athlete of the Week for his efforts in that win
- Began coaching high school football in 1952 and was named Cabarrus County Coach of the Year in 1956
- School Principal from 1962-82 before retiring
- Served as a Board of Director on the Foundation for Good Business in North Carolina, selected by the Secretary of State
Volleyball vs. WINSTON-SALEM ST. 1-3
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 1)
Volleyball @ Queens 3-1
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 2) W-3rd;M-3rd
Cross Country @ NCAA II Southeast Regional W-12th;M-16th
Football vs. NEWBERRY 17-13
Volleyball @ Wingate 0-3
Volleyball vs. COKER 3-0
Basketball (M) vs. Francis Marion 70-72
Basketball (W) vs. Mount Olive 94-81
Volleyball @ Newberry 3-0
Football vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 24-20
Basketball (W) vs. Barton 49-58
Basketball (M) @ UNC Pembroke 67-91
Basketball (W) @ Fayetteville St. 46-69
Basketball (M) @ Albany State 77-69
Basketball (M) vs. Montevallo, ccd. noon
Basketball (W) @ Bowie St. 58-66
Basketball (W) vs. CHOWAN 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Winston-Salem St. 7 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ UNC Wilmington (Exhib.) 4 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Queens 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Queens 8 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.