Richard N. Williams
Year Inducted: 1999
Category: Baseball Coach/Football
- Head baseball coach at Catawba, 1990-94
- His teams won back-to-back SAC championships, 1992-93
- Baseball record as head coach at Catawba: 137-69
- Baseball MVP Award named in his honor in 1994
- His 1992 Catawba team had highest winning percentage in NCAA Division II (38-7) and perfect 21-0 in conference play
- Played football (fullback) at Catawba, 1953-55
- Student assistant coach at Catawba, 1956
- Athletic director at East Mecklenburg High School, 1957-88 (coached football, track, baseball and golf)
- Charlotte high school track meet named in his honor (Dick Williams Relays)
- President, N.C. Coaches Association, 1974
- President, N.C. Athletic Directors Assoc., 1978
- National high school rules committee, 1974-78
- N.C. Athletic Director of the year, 1978
- Recipient of Order of the Long Leaf Pine, 1978
- Drafted by N.Y. Giants baseball team, 1947
- Baseball career cut short by Korean War
- Catawba College Chiefs Club director, 1995-present
Volleyball vs. MARS HILL 1-3
Football @ Tusculum 14-32
Volleyball vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 0-3
Soccer (W) @ Anderson 1-0
Soccer (M) @ Anderson 0-4
Volleyball @ Chowan 3-1
Soccer (W) @ Wingate 0-0
Soccer (M) @ Wingate 0-7
Basketball (M) v. UNC Pembroke 90-95
Basketball (W) v. North Greenville 74-42
Volleyball @ Anderson 1-3
Cross Country @ NCAA II Regional (Wingate Univ.) M-6th;W-9th
Football @ UVA-Wise 14-21
Swimming WOMEN vs. BARTON 141-118
Swimming MEN vs. BARTON 124-131
Volleyball @ Newberry 3-2
Soccer (W) vs. LINCOLN MEMORIAL (SAC Tournament - 1st Round) 1-3
Basketball (M) @ Francis Marion 86-72
Basketball (W) v. Erskine 77-58
Basketball (M) @ Virginia Union 84-69
Volleyball vs. LINCOLN MEMORIAL 7 p.m.
Football vs. LENOIR-RHYNE noon
Basketball (W) @ Fayetteville State 2 p.m.
Volleyball vs. CARSON-NEWMAN 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Augusta 7 p.m.
Cross Country @ NCAA II Championships (Oaks Golf Complex)
Basketball (W) vs. LEES-McRAE 2 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. YOUNG HARRIS 4 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. NEWBERRY 5:30 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. NEWBERRY 7:30 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Tusculum 2 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Tusculum 4 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.