Frank 'Dutch' Meyer
Year Inducted: 1997
- Wrestling coach at Catawba for 14 seasons (1970-83), 13 winning seasons
- State, regional and national recognition through Amateur Wrestling News
- Coached many All-American wrestlers and placed at least one at Nationals for 10 straight years; NAIA District 26 Coach of the Year, 1983
- Three consecutive Washington & Lee Tournament championships, 1980-82
- Held oldest one-day clinic in North Carolina (top attendance was 325)
- Inaugurated the first small college tournament in North Carolina, q975
- Physical education department instructor, 1969-present; former department chairman (began three new courses, three new programs)
- Won Swink Prize for Outstanding Classroom teaching, 1983
- Began Sports Medicine program, one of college's most popular academic majors
- Coached wrestling and football at Glassboro State, NJ, and Appalachian State University; started wrestling programs at tree high schools and three colleges - (Presbyterian Junior College, Glassboro, and Catawba)
- Created annual tennis MVP award at Catawba in memory of his son, Jeff, 1993
- Instrumental in beginning heart rehabilitation program with Rowan Memorial Hospital, using Catawba athletic facilities
|No events are scheduled today|
Volleyball vs. WINSTON-SALEM ST. 1-3
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 1)
Volleyball @ Queens 3-1
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 2) W-3rd;M-3rd
Cross Country @ NCAA II Southeast Regional W-12th;M-16th
Football vs. NEWBERRY 17-13
Volleyball @ Wingate 0-3
Volleyball vs. COKER 3-0
Basketball (M) vs. Francis Marion 70-72
Basketball (W) vs. Mount Olive 94-81
Volleyball @ Newberry 3-0
Football vs. LENOIR-RHYNE 24-20
Basketball (W) vs. Barton 49-58
Basketball (M) @ UNC Pembroke 67-91
Basketball (W) @ Fayetteville St. 46-69
Basketball (M) @ Albany State 77-69
Basketball (M) vs. Montevallo, ccd. noon
Basketball (W) @ Bowie St. 58-66
Basketball (W) vs. CHOWAN 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Winston-Salem St. 7 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ UNC Wilmington (Exhib.) 4 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Queens 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Queens 8 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.